Tips For Krav Maga Beginners Part 2
Welcome back, guys. As promised, enjoy.
* If you are not wearing protection let your partner before you start training with them.
* Don’t be shy – make contact with your strikes. The training equipment is padded for a reason. Don’t go mad though, it will be you defending next.
* If you make a mistake, don’t stop – keep going, move on to the next part of the technique or do something simpler (usually combatives), this becomes easier as you learn more types of strikes and their ranges.
* If you accidentally strike someone too hard; finish the technique (carefully) don’t stop to apologise. I know this sounds harsh but the rest of us are used to this happening every now and then and we make good the end of the session. You wouldn’t apologise to someone who had just tried to knife you, so don’t practise it in the classes.
* The role of attacker is vital so actually try and strike or make contact with the target area (aim for the target that you would for real), usually at slow speeds but with firm and definite movement.
* When your partner counterattacks clench your teeth, keep your hands up to protect your head and exhale so you don’t get winded.
* Try and be a realistic attacker, no throwing multiple punches from both directions at the same time as a kick. Visualise yourself as a real mugger and imagine you want to rob or assault your partner for a real reason.
That’s it, folks, now go train 🙂