Coronavirus (COVID-19): Latest Information and Advice
Further to recent communications with the BKMA/ other instructors, and with Coronavirus (Covid-19) remaining a public health issue, I’d like to update you on our ongoing response to the issue.
I am reviewing the situation on a regular basis to assess the threat of Covid-19 to the club. As an association we remain led by the Government’s response, which is currently for the UK population to go about their business as usual until further notice, but to take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser (containing more than 60% alcohol). This is particularly important after taking public transport.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterward.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
you become unwell and believe you have been exposed to Covid-19 you should call
NHS 111 (or in an emergency 999) to seek expert medical advice. Please then advise us of any impact on you by
contacting me on 07986 516337. If you
feel fine but believe you have been exposed to Covid-19 please follow the same
As a precautionary measure we are also taking the following actions to ensure that the club is prepared for the potential escalation of the virus:
- We are continually updating guidance on our website. Please take a look HERE. We will also be providing you with regular updates in class.
- I confirm that wherever possible the club will continue as normal. But I ask that no member attends training if their place of work or child’s school has been shut due to Covid-19, and not to return until it re-opens. Official guidance can be found here and an excellent video here
- I will be conducting contingency planning to ensure that we are as fully prepared as possible for all eventualities, and the club can continue to operate effectively. This includes considering the impact of class closures, illness amongst instructors, members and/or close family, together with various other factors such as restrictions imposed on our activities by national or local authorities.
- We are also looking at the impact on gradings, seminars or other events that could be affected by Covid-19 and are conducting risk assessments and developing restrictions as they arise. This includes:
- Restricting the use/ sharing of Focus Mitts during classes.
- I will no longer be providing Boxing Gloves during class (everyone is encouraged to bring their own).
- Minimising training that requires close proximity with a training partner (clinching, ground survival etc).
- Hand sanitiser gel and surface wipes will be made available during class.
Thank you for your help in dealing with this. If you have any further questions, please email contact me.